Unfortunately we have had to postpone this event until March due to a low turnout. We hope holding the workshop in March will provide sufficient notice for candidates wishing to apply for 2024 entry to plan their attendance. We sincerely regret that we were not able to provide this workshop for candidates wishing to apply for 2023 entry.
2-day Admissions Workshop - all expenses paid - 27th & 28th March 2023
We are offering a two-day admissions workshop in December hosted by St Hugh's College, and aimed at students who might not normally consider applying to Oxford, or who have been disadvantaged during their education. The aim is to demystify Oxford and the admissions process, find out more about what makes a good application, what assessors are looking for, how to write a good CV, participate in an interview workshop and meet current academics and students. Explore Oxford, and get to know your way around, before you make your application. Admission to the workshop is limited, and based on the merits of each candidate taking into account their individual context. Priority will be given to UK resident, state educated candidates for whom at least one of the following is true:
- have ever been in care
- have been a young carer
- have been eligible for free school meals
- come from a low-income background
- belong to an ethnic group that is under-represented at Oxford (Black or Mixed Black, Bangladeshi or Mixed Bangladeshi, and Pakistani or Mixed Pakistani)
- be the first generation in your family to go to university
The outline for the workshop is as follows:
- Welcome & ice breaker
- What is a DTP anyway?
- The application process step-by-step
- How to approach supervisors
- What assessors are looking for in an application
Lunch and mixer with some staff and potential supervisors
- Treasure Hunt round Oxford
- CV Workshop
- Pizza evening
- Free time (World Cup streaming available)
- What is imposter syndrome?
- Interview workshop & how to sell your experience
- Interview practise
- Wrap-up and Q&A
Lunch and mixer with current students
Some elements of the workshop will be filmed. Your consent to be filmed will be sought on the application form.
Please apply using this form https://forms.office.com/e/Qt8K1YNM7u
Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 13th March 2023. This workshop is possible because of generous funding by NERC.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with email@example.com